Date: 22-24 September, 2021 (Wednesday – Friday)
Convenor: EU-Asia Institute at ESSCA School of Management, Angers, France.
Venue: ESSCA School of Management, Angers – in the Loire Valley, France.
Download the full Call for Papers (PDF)
This call for papers is launched in the context of the closing conference of the project « The Governance of Sustainability in Europe », winner of the International Networks call for projects of the Institute for European and Global Studies Alliance Europa in 2018.
Since 2018, the network has held four interdisciplinary research workshops:
- At ESSCA Angers, by Prof Thomas Hoerber
- At ESSCA Bordeaux, by Prof Gabriel Weber
- At Roskilde University, Prof Helene Dyrhauge
- At Andrassy University Budapest by Prof Kristina Kurze
They have brought together scholars and practitioners in the field of sustainable development research, encompassing all its dimensions – economic, and social and environmental sustainability.
Two books are in the making (Hoerber, Weber, forthcoming in 2021; Kurze, Dyrhauge, forthcoming in 2022). Connections have been made to other COST (GOVTRAN) and UACES (Climate change and Sustainable development) networks in the field.
This conference is meant to conclude the Research network The Governance of Sustainability in Europe. The objective of the conference is to analyse the dynamic of European integration in the fields of sustainability policy and action.
Contributions should address one of the following themes:
- the evolution of a European environmental conscience
- repercussions of energy and environmental policy for the politics, policies and polity of the EU.
- the EU as an actor on the international stage in sustainability policies
- European social policies, such as redistribution mechanisms with the objective of sustainable development.
- New economic models, such as the evolution of the European social business initiative
- General analysis of the political agenda of the EU with regard to environment and energy issues, sustainable business models and approaches to social policies.
Previous workshop participants are particularly welcome to submit proposals. We would like to thank them for their contribution and are looking forward to seeing them in Angers.
Please send an abstract of 150-200 words to Professor Thomas Hoerber [ESSCA]: Thomas.Hoerber@essca.fr
Deadline for paper proposals: Friday 18 June, 2021
You will be notified if your application has been successful by Friday 16 July, 2021.
There are no registration fees for this workshop. Venue, lunch and coffee breaks will be covered by ESSCA. Some travel funding may be available for young, early career researchers and invited speakers.