Call for Papers/expression of interest
15th ESSCA Space Policy Workshop
Date: 3-5 May 2023 (Wednesday-Friday)
Convenor: Space Policy Research Group: T. Hoerber, ESSCA EU*Asia Institute / EUSPA / Institute of International Relations Prague
Venue: European Union Agency for the Space Programme, Prague
The standing research group on European space policy has grown in size and activity in recent years. The Space Policy workshops take place in different institutions in Europe every year and propose original contributions that regularly enrich the academic output of the research group.
There are a number of publications which have resulted from previous workshops:
- European Space Policy, edited by Paul Stephenson and Thomas Hoerber (Routledge, 2016)
- Theorizing European Space Policy, edited by Emmanuel Sigalas and Thomas Hoerber (Lexington, 2016)
- A special issue in Space Policy, ‘Popularisation of Space’ edited by Harald Koepping Athanasopoulos and Thomas Hoerber
- European Space Policy: Past Present and Future, edited by Sarah Lieberman and Thomas Hoerber (2019)
- A growing Security Discourse in European Space, edited by Thomas Hoerber and Antonella Forganni (2021).
This year we would like to invite new paper proposals. With a future publication opportunity in mind, we would be particularly interested in papers on Space, Sustainability and the regional Impact of European Space Policies.
On this basis we invite research papers from scholars at all levels, including postgraduate students, and particularly welcome submissions from practitioners in the field.
Please send an abstract of 150-200 words to Pr Thomas Hoerber – Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for paper proposals: Wednesday 1st February 2023
You will be notified if your application has been successful, at the latest, two weeks later.
There are no registration fees for this workshop. Venue, lunch and coffee breaks will be covered by ESSCA.