Call for Papers
Date: 15-16 April 2024 (Monday-Tuesday)
Convenor: ESSCA EU*Asia Institute, Stefano Valdemarin and Thomas Hoerber
Venue: ESSCA Campus Lyon (4 Pont Pasteur)
This conference aims to bring together researchers of different disciplines to discuss and analyze the development of European multinationals in the global economy.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The evolution of European multinational corporations and their impact on foreign countries.
- The role of European multinationals in promoting sustainable development.
- The role of European policy makers in regulating the development of multinational companies within and outside Europe.
- The lobbying system of multinationals within European institutions.
- The role of European multinationals in international relations.
- The challenges and opportunities of cross-cultural management in European multinational corporations
We welcome submissions from a variety of perspectives and disciplines, including economics, management, political science, sociology, and international relations.
Submitted papers will be subject to stringent peer review and carefully evaluated based on originality, significance and clarity of exposition. Accepted papers will be presented in the conference and may be improved through questions and suggestions from the members of the panels. The authors of a selected number of top-quality papers will be requested to extend their papers for further review and publication in an edited book titled “European Multinationals”.
Information on expected papers and evaluation process:
Authors can submit a paper of max 8000 words, excluding references, bibliography and annexes or an abstract of 300 words to Professors Thomas Hoerber (email@example.com) and Stefano Valdemarin (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please indicate "Conference on European Multinationals" in the subject line.
Deadline for paper proposals: December 20, 2023
You will be notified if your application has been successful by February 2024.
Ideally, a first draft or a structured paper is expected for the presentation to the conference in April, 2024.
There are no registration fees for this workshop. Lunch and coffee breaks will be covered by the EU-Asia institute.
Click here to download the call for papers (.pdf)